In 2021, SAP launched RISE with SAP, a solution the company billed as “business transformation as a service” and companies are already jumping at the new offering. The stated goals of this solution are to:
- support businesses in their digital transformation journey
- redefine enterprise culture
- redesign business processes
- reduce complexity
- enable companies to adopt new business models and lead their industries
RISE with SAP is designed to be a holistic offering that supersedes the idea of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) or Software as a Service (SaaS). It does this by packaging together all the SAP solutions that businesses need to maximize value and simplicity.
What is RISE with SAP?
SAP breaks the RISE with SAP solution down into six key components:
- Business Process Redesign: SAP’s Business Process Intelligence solution allows companies to analyze process performance in real time and compare them to industry benchmarks. It also offers specific insights into how businesses can adapt business models and automate processes by applying robotic process automation (RPA) and artificial intelligence (AI).
- Technical Migration: Another component of Rise with SAP is a service that seamlessly migrates your environment to a standardized, modular and flexible solution that enables maximum business agility. This step allows businesses to shed cumbersome modifications and bulky custom code by moving them over to an all-powerful single source of truth.
- Cloud Adoption: Using cloud infrastructure, RISE with SAP gets companies running IT on a lean budget via hyperscalers or in an SAP data center. Cloud adoption is one of the key steps to becoming ‘smart’ and winning in the digital economy.
- SAP Business Technology Platform: This SAP solution allows businesses to quickly innovate by providing a semantic data model, an AI and analytics layer, an identity and authorization concept, and unified application business services such as workflow management.
- SAP Business Network: This aspect of RISE with SAP enables companies to manage their end-to-end supply chains with real-time visibility so they can react faster and meet market demand.
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud: The jewel in SAP’s crown, S/4HANA Cloud provides the intelligent applications you need to run a successful business in today’s complex, hyper-speed world.
In a nutshell, RISE with SAP is a contract-based model designed to bundle the components of an intelligent enterprise into one complete offering with a single contract and unified service level agreements, operations and issue handling.
How Do I Get Started With RISE With SAP?
There are a few options for getting on the path to RISE with SAP, but they will all mostly likely involve choosing a hyperscaler and partner for implementation and administration. Let’s take a look at some of the ways you might adopt RISE with SAP:
- Resellers: SAP relies on its huge network of resellers, like Ameri100, to offer their expertise for implementations. Resellers can help companies get up and running with RISE with SAP, as well as customizing their solutions and helping them get the most out of their investment.
- System integrators: Many well-known consultancies have partnered with SAP to implement RISE with SAP for customers, acting as system integrators. Ameri100 has been a top partner for SAP, with more than 25+ years of implementation experience.
- Software partners: Some of the most famous technology companies have made themselves available to act as private cloud hosts for RISE with SAP.
Depending on your existing situation with SAP, there are different ways you might get started on RISE with SAP. Specifically, the most important factor is whether or not you are running on an existing SAP ECC ERP. If you are running on ECC, there are four options to go to S/4HANA:
- Converting ECC on-premise to S/4HANA on-premise, which may require a hardware and operating system upgrade. You might also need to hire someone with solid HANA and Linux skills.
- A lift and shift that upgrades ECC on-premise to S/4HANA on-premise in a hyperscaler, meaning you maintain your on-premise license but must enter an IaaS agreement with a hyperscaler.
- Moving from on-premise to a cloud-based SaaS model by subscribing to RISE with SAP Public, which is rare because it requires a complete reintegration of S/4HANA.
- Moving from on-premise to a cloud-based SaaS model by subscribing to RISE with SAP Private, which is more common than Public because and allows for a simplified agreement while letting you maintain control over the ERP.
If you’re not running ECC, you have three options to get started with RISE with SAP:
- Buying an on-premise license and installing it in your own infrastructure or having it hosted by a hyperscaler.
- Subscribing to S/4HANA Public Cloud SaaS through RISE with SAP, giving you a standardized version of the ERP.
- Subscribing to S/4HANA Private SaaS through RISE with SAP, giving you an on-premise version hosted by a hyperscaler and managed by SAP
Ameri100 implements SAP products for large enterprises and we believe RISE with SAP is an excellent option for businesses looking for a way into becoming an intelligent enterprise. Get in touch today so we can help you take your business to the next level with SAP tools.
Check out our other blogs: